Consulting in Curricular and Instructional Design and Faculty Development
ACDET's personnel have significant experience with the development of health-science center curricula for both medical students and physician assistants. We offer guidance in developing curricular objectives, advanced instructional and assessment procedures, and educational technologies that are congruent with the most current and sound, cognitive and instructional sciences principals. We also can assist/provide undergraduate medical, PA and CME programs with faculty development/enhancement programs that result in instructional and assessment procedures most likely to produce measurably improved performance outcomes.
Differential Diagnosis Training via KBIT
The most difficult intellectual activity confronting undergraduate medical students and PA's is the development of diagnostic competence. ACDET is perhaps best known for its web based differential diagnosis tutor - KBIT. KBIT is an advanced, instructional sciences derived, artificial intelligence based approach to DDX training and assessment.
KBIT's key features include:
- Development of DDX competence one problem at a time
- Numerous DDX training modules addressing over 300 different diseases/disorders
- DDX training modules are generated exclusively from the database of clinical experts
- Each DDX training module provides extensive, 'Deliberate Practice' opportunities
- Practice cases vary in difficulty from prototypical to atypical
- Immediate, online, individually tailored, case specific feedback provided to each learner
- Excellent preparation for second order, case based licensure or in course test items
- Enables training programs to establish problem and disease specific competence criteria
- Documents whether learners achieved problem and disease specific competence criteria